HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do You Remember Your First Bass?
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 02:02 PM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

Yes ..it was in a farm pond in Maryland...We had just dug about 30 bushels of potatoes and I collected the night crawlers attached to the potato roots..The next day I rode my bike about 1 mile to Murray's Pond..a private pond in which I would sneak on..His bulls would chase you so it was always a risk..I never had a sound theology back then, BUT God always communicated with me..I had no reel on this antique rod..I just flung my bobber out there..the bobber buried in the murkey coffee and cream colored water and I took off running up the bank..I was so proud of this 14 inch two pound bass {Bathroom scales} that I gave as an offereing the rest of my night crawlers to God's fish,,I was so proud ...and the fish tasted great..I was hooked for life..My mom got me a subscription to Outdoor Life , Sports Afield and Field and Stream..I studied fishing all the time..This was not my first bass...but the first bass I remembered getting me so excited..I was raised in a VERY disfunctional family..STILL IS..and I would fish and hunt to get alone.I fished and hunted ALL year long. I would hunt for crows and ground hogs in the summer..Fishing was only good spring and summer ...Many times my step dad beat me till I bled..still have the emotinal scars.

Last edited by Chuck7; 04-03-2013 at 02:12 PM.