HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 204 Ruger for Coyotes
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 06:25 PM
jfarleyx
Spike

Originally Posted by GTOHunter
I'm late on posting my advice and see You opted for a Savage .204,great Rifle and a smart Caliber choice in my opinion!I have a CZ Model 527 .204 "Varmint" with the longer barrel,I tried Hornady 40 grain V-max bullets then went with Winchester 32 grain ballistic tip bullets which shot really nice and put the Coyotes down,I finally settled for Federal loaded 39 grain Sierra Blitz Kings that grouped awesome and work very well for their shape!Now I believe Federal loads a 32 & 35 grain Sierra Blitz King bullet to choose from?

The .204 is a great flat shooting caliber with light recoil very good accuracy and flat shooting with plenty of knock down power and it is easy on the hides/fur!

Let Us know how the new .204 works out and what Brand and grain of bullet You choose!
Thank you! I especially appreciate the ammo advice. It's been slim pickings as far as ammo is concerned. I was able to find some Winchester Supreme 32 gr Ballistic Silvertip and Hornady Varmint Express 45 gr. We'll see how those do, but I'll definitely check out the Blitz Kings as soon as I can find some.

The rifle arrived at the FFL today and I'm picking it up tomorrow. I plan to take it out this weekend and in between hunting turkey's I'm going to do a little coyote hunting. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to put one down!