HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Call to let other hunters know you are there?
Old 03-30-2013, 09:31 AM
Arrowmaster
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JW
I think you guys are missing the point!

There will never be no universal I am here call or warning - nothing - Period!!!!

It is up to us as hunters to understand when and where and why......and then be safe and ethical about it!

It is just like a red Hexagon STOP sign you find on any Danergous Intersection.
The Shaoe is Universal to all of us as we know what S.T.O.P. means....but you still have some who coast to slow down, never really come to a stop and then turn right or left and Others who blow right thru it hardly given it a second glandce or a thought and then others who Pay Heed to what it means.
They come to a STOP and look both ways before proceeding.......so which one are you???

So wish what you want.........universal call won't ever happen! It is up to you to be safe out there and I'll say it again......DON'T LEAVE YOUR DARN ETHICS IN THE TRUCK!

JW

JW is 100% correct here. If I know someones there hunting Im going to move on. Now if someone comes in on me while Im working a bird, neither of us will kill that bird. I'll make sure they know Im there by telling them. I wont do it using a call or anything like that. It is our responsibilty as hunter to be safe and polite to each other.