HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Goldtip Arrow Spine Help
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 07:54 AM
gtbumblebee
Spike

Originally Posted by BHunter32
I am going to be shooting a spyder turbo, 29 inch draw, 65-67 pounds, with a 100 grain head. My arrow will be cut 28.5 inches carbon to carbon with a total length of 29 inches with the nock installed. My arrow of choice is the velocity pro, and I was wondering do I need to get the 300 or 340 spine. This will be used for hunting. I am not sure of the spine I need since this is a speed bow. Also, I will be shooting a carbon matrix G3 and was wondering if the same spine arrow you siggest for the turbo will work for the matrix. I would appreciate your help. Thanks everyone.

Hi Rod,

Hey for that set up I would suggest you using a 340 spine at least. As for "too Stiff" there is no such thing as long as you have a bow with adjustability like your Hoyt will have. The only reason a stiff arrow wont tune is due to the string not driving down the center of the arrow. You can achieve this by using your Yokes, cam position, and rest position. A weak arrow may look better initially but is only bandaiding the true problem. If you trying and cover up the error you will see less forgivibilty in your shot. GT charts have been updated for 2013 and recomend that you use the 340 spine. I personally use a Vector Trubo at 28" and 70# and the 300 is the way I went. I hope this Helps

Austin