HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rage Broadhead tested at 400 Feet Per Second
Old 02-08-2013, 07:22 AM
TheHardWoods913
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by STRYKERMAX4
Hello they did not offer the shock collars when i made this test
i have used them before but dont perfer them
i think your arrow may have hit where you wanted but at the very instance of impact, the bear could have moved and caused the arrow to take a different angle through the bear
2.5 miles is way to far for a animal to travel if it was a double lung shot, a single lung hit animal can live for hours and travel very far if pushed, after 30 deer with Rages i now use NAP SPITFIRE EDGE 1.75" CUT , the blood trails are better and they shoot just as accurate Good luck
The more and more I think about it the more I think you are absolutely right. I couldnt see my arrow after darting the bear it was behind the tree he stepped out from, supporting the fact that he weilded and took off changing the direction or angle the arrow passed through. I can't tell ya how many different senarios and reasons I have come up with all the time I think about this. Still makes me sick, hate not recovering an animal! Thanks a lot for your input and advice its much appreciated!!!