HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question about buying guns
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 12:11 PM
Pawildman
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
Thanks for all the replies. What I've done in the past with an individual is sent them a USPS money order in certified mail. That way they have to sign for it, and if they try to rip me off its mail fraud.
Obviously I get all thier info, and they have mine and I verify they are who they say they are. And I always talk to them on the phone, and get all the details in writing (email) and if I get a good feeling... I go for it. I have bought several guns over the last few years like this and never had an issue personally. I didn't know if there was a better way to do it. Figured I'd see how others were handling the transactions. I have also sold some guns the same way, with no issues.
I didn't know paypal had that position, though I've never used that avenue of payment or accepted it (for a gun). Hopefully this thread can help folks that might be buying/selling online. Also, I have bailed on a couple deals that looked really good...but the details on the person and potential transaction seemed shaky.
This is exactly why I use GunBroker a LOT.. I've bought many guns through them, and never had one bit of a problem. An individual sells his gun through them for a percentage of the sale.
I always use the USPS money order route too, as most sellers prefer it to anything else. Since you say you have bought through them before, there is no use explaining the FFL work that must be used.