HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 18 Point non typical
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 06:45 AM
DocD
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
DocD---Farm animal my AZZ! Like shooting a cow---Are you frigginn kidding me! Yea, his weight is that of a cow maybe, LOL! I'm not for canned hunts that you're talking about either, but 1200 acres and saying they know where the animal is at all times is real baloney in the terrain that guy is talking about! Yep, they know the animal is on 1200 acres and that's it, unless they have a friggin tracking collar on it, LOL! Your post is so full of chit I can smell it here at my desk, LOL! A 2 square mile piece of property in the area he's talking about is certainly not a "canned animal game farm", high fence, low fence, or no fence. That deer wouldn't have lived to be prime age when people are hunting it if it wasn't smarter than you appear to be to make ignorant statements like you have.
You stated: "Don't confuse this animal with a wild one, this is a caged animal, that is why they are not scored for the record book, I am not "Knocking it" if it works for someone I say go for it, but I don't see the thrill in shooting a caged animal. Not a lot different than shooting a cow, at 1200 acres the where-abouts of this animal is known at all times." jmop Doc
Not knocking it! What in the heck do you call your entire post if it isn't "knocking it" and making baseless statements just based on a fence? Do you have any experience in the matter of animals in a large enclosure like that or were you on a hunt in a ten acre "pen" at one time to lambast a person in your post, which it certainly was. Your statement about entering in the book is because B&C decided not to get into a pizzing match into how big and what kind of terrain would be considered fair chase because it varies so much from animal to animal. Please just tell the guy he shot a nice deer and shut your yapper!
Did not really mean to "Ruffel" any feathers but you have to see it for what it is, & that is a dedicated hunt, really no skill, except to pull the trigger. I don't have any first hand experience in these hunts other than there is a farm not far from where I live where trophy deer are bred & sold around the world. I have never been on a "Canned" hunt but I know people who have, & it is the same story, they take you out, tell you about the time the deer will arrive, & you take your pick, you are charged by what you shoot. One of my good friends went on one of these hunts not knowing what to expect & at the end of the day he just couldn't do it. B&C don't recognize them for the simple fact They are genetically altered, you can drive by this deer farm I mentioned & see deer with unbelievable racks & the deer are only 18 months old. As I said, "To each there own" but I just don't see the skill in shooting an animal that is fenced in, when I would look at it hanging on the wall I could say "Ya I shot it" "But I didn't hunt it" But we are all different, & if if is ok with you, it is ok with me. but I would have a hard time calling it a hunting trophy. again jmop

Yes. it is a nice deer, a Very nice deer, (but the question of "fair Chase") is where I disagree. ( & I didn't swear at you once) Doc