HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - To Bait Or Not To Bait????
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2003, 03:07 PM
HANKFAN

Default RE: To Bait Or Not To Bait????

Thanks for the replies. If I were after a doe then I would for sure hunt over the bait but I am hunting a mature buck. This spot is about 2 miles back in some big timber. There are some apple trees about 1/2 mile from there but none in the immediate area. I am not trying kill the deer over the apples but rather just keep the does in the general area. I figure that the does will come and go feeding on the apples and the bucks will know the does are using the area and stay around for a while looking for the does. My concern is that if I put out the apples that the deer might stay out of the area and return at night to feed on the apples instead of using the ridge normally. The deer in this area are spread way out so I figured this might keep the does hanging around a little longer. So do you think I should put out the apples or leave the area alone?? If I do put out the apples I would put them out on Nov 2nd and would not acutally start hunting the area until Nov 6th. So what do you guy' s think?