HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help locating my 1st bear hunt
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Mooswa
Spike

Well I have been outfitting for 35 years and some of what you want is not a big problem with some operators......... but you are limiting yourself with some of your stipulations. Just needing to use the handgun nixes Canada completely.

What exactly do you call family atmosphere? By town, how big are we talking? Depending on where you live it has different meanings. Where I live town is about 350 people. I know American friends who thing 10,000 fits the town description.

You sound like you want top notch bear hunting with all of the conveniences of the Holiday Inn and the mall/theatre nearby. Most of the hunters we get who bring non-hunting wives (lots of ladies are hunters these days) have wives who also like to fish or enjoy the peace and quiet of being in the sticks. Internet and TV..... well that is not much of an issue these days even in the fly-in camps that have satellite service. Dogs may or may not be an issue.......... unless of course Fluffy gets away and a coyote or a wolf eats him. Children are not usually a problem if they are being attended to by your spouse and you are not also expecting day care services.

All in all though, with your list............ as an outfitter, I would be encouraging you to go elsewhere I think. LOL