HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - East Central Illinois deer herd decimated by EHD.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:08 PM
whitetailcrazy
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by rab123
i hunted in the shawnee in pope co 2nd season.saw 3 deer in 3 days.almost no shooting and there were people hunting.everyone i talked to said they werent seeing any either.i know i wont be going back any time soon.its a shame because i really enjoyed the hunting.
That's disappointing to hear, because a lot of smaller business' rely on the income brought by hunters who come from out of state. It's going to affect Illinois tremendously...., it's going to hurt us, where it hurts the most... the pocketbook.

I have a friend who resides in Cedarville, Michigan and hunts in Jasper County... He was so disappointed he hunted during the first week of November and was on stand for 6 consecutive days, 3 of the days sitting all day on stand and seen 5 deer total. He was so disgusted that he left the outfitter early and vowed to never come back... He no sooner got home and booked a muzzleloader hunt in Iowa for next year.. He was upset that I had mentioned to him about how badly our area was hit with EHD, and Jasper being only 1 county over, he figured the outfitter would have said something to him... Nope..

I think as long as people are honest with one another, there was certainly a chance he would run into a shooter... But at least he would be for-warned about the quantity.. He's been hunting with the same outfitter for 3 years and now that relationship is ruined... Stupid..

I spoke to a gentleman from New Jersey hunting the property across the road, from where I hunt, stating he would never be back... I shrugged my shoulders in disbelief, not understanding what these people are thinking? The outfitter that is..

Last edited by whitetailcrazy; 12-03-2012 at 03:17 PM.