HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowhunting
Thread: Bowhunting
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 08:16 PM
not the dogs
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
right on guys, i'd say keep at it, but we got you hook line and sinker now.
remember to keep practicing, dont just grab yer bow at the beginning of next season thinking everything is swell, and it worked out last year so i'll be ok.
put twice as much practice at it if you can.
hang in there croc, you learn from every stupid mistake...more to come too lol... range finder makes a world of difference...a 5 yard pin is the difference between an over or under shot vs a bulls-eye. hope your practicing in the clothes you'll be hunting in, surprises when a world record walk out will haunt you forever.
practicing with field points isnt the same as a bh...sometimes close, but never the same.
wish i could talk yall into a magnus snuffer fixed bh....i think it would save ya some heart ache later. 6 for $35...use 3 for practice, 3 for hunting...might never have to buy another pack..easy to sharpen...i shot 1 into a 6X6 cedar post to see what it would do and it barely bent it.
keep at it.
-haf-
Oh I definetly made alot of mistakes the first year and I'm sure I'll make several more. Your right on the broadheads and fieldpoints being a little different. Luckly I do practice with my bh too. I really learned alot on this forum that saved me from a headache. Still got alot to learn but I think that I'm a little better than last year. Gun hunting I never really paid attention to the deers behavior. That and practice seems like a big key to bow hunting. I may have to try them fixed bhs.