HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What Would You Have Done???
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 08:45 AM
ERM1212011
Spike

Default What Would You Have Done???

Opening day of buck season in Pa was Monday. Saw a deer at the break of daylight. I didn’t see another deer until 9. Turned out to be a really nice 8pt. Could of shot it at 150 yards but it coming right to me. He finally got to within 40 yds, so I took a neck shot and dropped him. Got out of my tree stand and walked up to it. It turned out to be the nicest buck I ever shot. I was getting ready to start to do the dirty work when I saw a hunter and his son walking up to me. It turned out that his 13 year old son shot this buck at 7. When he said they shot it, I told them the only hole I saw was the one I put in the neck. I flipped the buck over and saw the kid gut shot it and it didn’t pass through. i was shocked and the kid looked pretty shocked and upset cause he saw I finished it. The father, which my cousins knew, said it was his kids first shot at a deer. Even though I really didn’t want to give this buck away, I think I did the right thing by giving the kid his first kill since he drew blood first. What would you guys have done???