HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My opening day WV and PA 8 points
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 01:02 PM
WestVirginiaBrent
Fork Horn

Default My opening day WV and PA 8 points

I had a great year!! My usual opening day spot in WV produced an 8 point, like it usually does, which I am truly thankful for. He was 127 yards away to my left with his nose on the trail, I livered him, he bed down 25 yards later and I put a lung shot on him shortly there after. For a North Central WV browse deer it is really nice. I'd take one like him every year and be thankful. Now, for my PA buck, I used non scent wash and spray, got down to the bottom field of where I hunt in the morning and sprayed my boots with Buck Bomb and walked to my spot. At 6:45 I look up and a large buck is following my path with his nose to the ground. I grab the gun, scope it, realize it's a huge buck and shoot it quartering to me before my nerves got the better of me. He dropped in his tracks and I have been on cloud 9 since. He is my biggest buck by far, an absolute monster of an 8 point, IMO. He has great mass and character. He dressed out at 150, on a scale, with pics to prove it, lol, so that's a live weight of about 210ish.

WV Deer.

PA Buck