HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - World Record Elk (high fence?) in Idaho 545"
Old 11-27-2012, 03:01 AM
Blackelk
Typical Buck

I think records should be separated fair chase vs private/high fenced. That's a controlled environment hunt. But then again the guy who kills a record book animal on 160 acres of non high fenced land that borders public land is not really considered a huge advantage. There's a ton of exceptions.

We have a ton of "expert hunters" in my area. You know those guys that have lots of time and money to do the AKA trophy hunts for record book animals. Some of them are good hunters some of them have the money to make the appearance of being good hunters. I'll take public land any day. The so called book animals that I have on my wall came from blood, sweat and more miles than most could even dream of. I do measure out the bigger of the animals just to compare size but alas they are just nice looking specimens. I would not want to kill that bull in the picture just for bragging rights. Now if I was in the wilderness and I had put a nice stalk on him and got that bull I'd glow like radiation.