HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What are the odds I find him??
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 06:10 PM
flyinlowe
Typical Buck

I too am looking forward to the pics..... because that will mean that we found him. I am meeting the guys at 8:00 AM. I will definitely let you know. Hopefully the coyotes don't destroy him before I get to him in the morning.

On a side note, do any of you guys on here have dogs trained for tracking deer? I have heard of a few people "have a dog that finds deer". But this guy has trained the dog for this purpose much like a police dog would be trained. He said she is still young but has a good track record. He said she will not only track the blood but the specific scent of the deer. He said that if I take her to the spot that I know the deer laid down he will be on it. He said there could be 20 deer in that woods between tonight and tomorrow morning and she is trained to stay on the "cold track" and not the new deer who have been in the area. The only reason I did not go out tonight and look is because he is coming in the morning. He said there could be minute blood specs that I can't even see and if we start tracking through them it could make things harder for the dog in the morning. He did a track for a friend of mine during bow season, similar scenario. The guy liver shot a buck and when he went to find it he kicked it back up. He stopped there and the dog came in. Tracked straight to it 1/2 mile away.