HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Im haveing a good season!
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 08:48 PM
Backwoods7
Fork Horn

Smile Im haveing a good season!

Opening weekend of ky rifle season found me in my favorite spot on our farm in easy ky. The morning started slow but around 9 two does came around the hill, i threw up my gun and fired but missed, in the moment i forgot its sighted in high at 100yards and i overshot. They ran a ways and stoped allowing me to get another shot off that connected. The deer took about 10steps and fell over.(didnt geta pic of this one)

That evening i went back to the same spot, it was about 3:45 when i got set up and had been sittin there about 10minutes and decided to hit my grunt call once, as soon as i did i herd brush breaking and had a 8pt run out turn broadside and start looking around at about 120yards. I threw up my gun and he droped in his tracks.
I was shooting a Ruger m77 tangsafety in 300 winmag loaded with 150gr powerpoints on both deer.

View of my spot.

The next weekend was opening of rifle season in TN. I was sick but wasnt gonna miss out. I overslept but got to my blind at 7:33. It wasnt long before i saw a doe with a Big buck chaseing her. I threw up my gun and shot, he just dissapeard. I walked over to where he was and saw him tryin to get up so i put a finisher into him. This was the biggest 8pt ive ever shot.
I was useing a ruger m77 30-06 shooting 165gr powerpoints.