HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What would make bowhunting better for you?
Old 11-10-2012, 01:12 AM
V8Ranger
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dvallilee
To be able to use a crossbow in NYS during bow season.
Now before some of you get mad and stop reading this please listen.
I lost the sight in my right eye when I was 2 and I'm 56 now.I'm right handed but shoot left handed because of my eye injury.
Well about 7 years ago I injured 3 disc's in my neck and every year it gets harder for me to pull my compound bow back.
I also wish New York would give people who open up there land to hunting money or a tax breaks.I've lost allot of my hunting area's because people have posted there property.It gets harder every year to find land to hunt on.I have to drive over 40 miles in one direction to hunt state owned land.
I feel your pain. I have had two back surgery's with no relief. then had a pain pump put in. That has helped, but now I cant sit for very long and that makes it hard to hunt when you cant sit still.... I love bow hunting but this year has been challenging and depressing. Not seeing deer day after day takes the enthusiasm right out of me... I know the deer are there, I have them I trail cams. So for what I need to make hunting better, A comfortable tree stand thats affordable for the blue collar person. Or a good med that can numb my ass so I can sit longer.. lol... And also, If its not your stand, than means its not yours to sit in and use at your free will... You MUST ASK!!!! to use it.....