HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A better alternative to aftermarket treestand straps
Old 11-01-2012, 06:37 AM
7.62NATO
Nontypical Buck

Default A better alternative to aftermarket treestand straps

At least for Summit climbers. I'm not familiar with the types of backpack straps other companies put on their stands.

Got my first treestand last season..Summit Viper SD. When researching, everyone said to dump the stock backpack straps and get aftermarket ones with padding. I didn't have time to mess with that last season, but could see why people said to get aftermarket straps since the Summit straps had no padding.

In preparation for this season, I started researching aftermarket straps. The common complaint in reading reviews is that the straps would sometimes start to slip down the shoulder, etc, and people wanted a crosslock strap to go across the chest. Another common complaint was that they were hard to adjust on the fly. I thought that was weird since I never had that issue with my Summit straps slipping and they were very easy to adjust. But then I realized what the issue was: the after market straps are two distinct straps, completely separate from one another, while the Summit strap is actually a single piece (joined at the top) that fastens independently at the bottom of the stand.

So I decided the best solution was to find strap pads for my existing straps. Found some and they work great! Very comfortable and they stay where I need them to. Shipping was fast from these folks and CHEAP (some really like to rip you off with the shipping).

http://www.gearbunker.com/Deluxe-Sho...LLE_p_146.html

Attaching pics of the pads on my existing straps.
Attached Images