HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team #10 - Chasin' Tail Check-in
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 09:04 AM
henson59
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by LittleChief
Congratulations on a great weekend! After last year I told myself that I would never double again. It's too much work all at once.

Since I'm leaving for Ohio this Friday for a nine day hunt I told my wife that I would stay home this past weekend. Wouldn't you know a cold front would blow through, the temps would drop and the deer would finally start moving. Two guys from our club took good bucks. My wife told me that I could go if I wanted to but I stuck it out. I sure wanted to be out there, but I didn't let her know that.
Yeah it wasn't to bad I shot one on Saturday morning and the other on Sunday morning. The hardest part was the tracking job on the second doe. My arrow hit a branch and caused it to go in low and back on her. We gave her 3 hours and We had great blood but she still went half mile before we found her lying on the ground and I had to finish her off. That is the worst part of bow hunting. That unexpected bad shot can really stick with ya sometimes.

My wife spends all year going out to this horse rescue helping out once or twice a week. It is her get away time and stress reliever. She knows the end of october and first 3 weeks of November are when I have mine. I still try to stick around when I can and sometimes I skip a good day to hunt and stay with her. It gives me brownie points!!!!!

I leave for Indiana on friday. I will be hunting until Tuesday. It is buck time! Things should be in full swing so it should be an exciting week for us.