HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - **Returning Champs** BUCK U- Team 3
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 06:22 PM
BetterBirddogs
Fork Horn

Ok guys I sat tonight again and man it was on again. I was on another place about 2 miles straight south of where I sat Saturday morning. I get setup at about 330. At 350 here comes the do train. Little bucks chasing everywhere. It was fun. At about 630 I look back behind me and I see two big deer stepping about. They're about 150 yards from me but I have a doe right below me. Next thing I know here they come. Two 10's and the second deer is a nice deer. Both look young to me. I have them both at 35 yards and I passed on them. I have the taller deer on a cam from the 22nd. Tell me what you think. I may have made a mistake but he looks like a 3 year old.

I'm after something really nice. Here is another deer on the same camera. He looks to be a 4 year old deer and I would probably think long and hard about shooting this deer if he walked by. What do you think?

I'm getting pretty damn picky all the sudden but I will not kill an immature deer and I would rather not shoot one at all then make a mistake. It's amazing at how similar these two deer look. It's going to be a good season. I was down with my stuff getting stolen but man things are looking up. I was surprised to see two nice deer still together. I thought it might be an early rut this year but after seeing them together tonight I think it will be right on time. I'm off halloween and I will be after them again. Get some pics up Bob!