HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - **Returning Champs** BUCK U- Team 3
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 06:14 PM
BetterBirddogs
Fork Horn

That's what I like to hear Bob! If everyone on the team shoots a 120 we will run away with this thing. Here's my doe.

Funny story on this doe. I shoot her at about 12 yards and she is really quartering to me bad. I center punch this doe and she hops off about 20 yards and just stands there. She is pouring blood out of the exit hole. She then casually walks off into the creek behind me. I had so many deer moving around me yesterday morning that I had to sit on stand until is calmed down around 1130. I get down and take the trail up. It goes about 30 yards in towards the creek and then nothing. I call up the wife and tell her to bring my jack russells down I'm gonna let them try to find this deer. She shows up and I put them on the trail. (they're 12 months old and never tracked before) my female (pictured) tracks right into the woods where I lost the blood. She heads down across the creek and picks it up again and tracks about 15 more yards up the slope to my deer piled up under an evergreen. The deer didn't go 40 yards but it was thick. I hope to build on this with the jacks.

Here she is.