HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Just got my 2011 buck back from the taxi 10/23/2012
Old 10-23-2012, 06:16 PM
DocD
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by cowboy4513
Alright I wasn't going to post but I have to say this... It is a great deer but I am not impressed with the quality of the mount. I have had 15 deer mounted and the first 4 where not great gave the same guy too many chances. I am currently with the same guy now for the last 11 working on my two from this year and one of my dads. He does quality work and I consider him an artist. I am curious how much you paid for this mount. He put alot of detail in but didn't do a great job.

A beautiful trophy none the less. Don't mean to take anything away from you.
I disagree, I think it is a Great Mount, (although I am no authority on Taxidermy). Maybe you could list your credentials. Not trying to be a smart A$$ but to judge the quality of a taxidermist from a picture you must be pretty good. I am sure your mounts are very good & look great to you, but to someone else they may not. I think this guy shot a great deer, got a great mount, and should be very happy. I can't see anyone picking it apart. jmop Doc