HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - no fawns, breed early??
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 08:12 AM
pyclub1
Fork Horn

Default no fawns, breed early??

I read a article a few years back that someone had wrote stating that does without fawns will come into heat earlier than does with fawns. How true is this?? Does anyone have anything to say on this?? When I first read this I didn't really think much of it, this summer how ever it has been constantly on my mind and here is why. The area I am hunting is covered up with does.. But, 80% of the does I see have no fawns with them... I have my own explanation for this and don't really care to get into that but, with that being said, I have shot 3 adult does this bow season and all 3 were alone when I shot them, I drive around EVERY EVENING the last hour of light checking my fields and surrounding fields for bucks. The last 3 nights I have seen 2 shooter bucks chasing does, and multiple runt bucks bugging does, every buck I have seen that has been nosing a doe, has been nosing a doe without fawns... My trail camera shows the same thing. Every doe with fawns has no buck following, but a few of the does without fawns have bucks following... What do ya think? Curious to hear some other comments on this subject. If anyone has any articles they can point me to please do so as I am very interested to learn more about this...