HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mouth Call how far back and where do you put your tongue on a mouth call???
Old 10-14-2012, 01:54 PM
JerryK
Spike

Thank you so much for this information. I've been trying and trying to use a reed call but never got a sound out of it. I tried your technique and finally got a noise!

Man, this can really tickle a tongue!

Jerry

Originally Posted by Adrian J Hare
You guys are killing me

Where's that Dennis Wagner ? lol

Ok here is a diagram I drew, No its not from an artist but you should get the picture.

The back of the frame should be about 1/8 to 1/4 away from the back of your Pallette. If you take your tongue and run it along the pallette and when you come to the spot where the bone stops and the fleshy tissue starts for your throat, the frame should be (Almost) touching this area. This is why most get a GAG reflec's if you do not trim the tape, because it goes down your throat. TRIM THE TAPE ! lol

The Rasp on the end of the call is more the call your using. If you cange the call and use a raspy call your going to get a different pitch. The lower note will then change and this is what your listening for. It all comes with practice and hours of it too...