HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Where to buy some cheap Texas land for deer hunting?
Old 10-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Howabout1337
Spike

Default Where to buy some cheap Texas land for deer hunting?

Hello fellas. I hope y'all having a wonderful evening.

I am new to the hunting scene. I've only shot 2 deers in my life, and I am 25 years old. Those two deers that I shot were fairly recent (calendar-wise), and I had one of the best times in my life.

I graduated college, and been working for about 3 years. I have finally been able to pay off all of my loans (a lot of it), and now I am looking forward into my future, in investments and all that stuff for when I get old. I am looking to buy some land where I can hunt (anywhere in Texas), and in a few months, I would have accumulated about $20,000.

The other day the fellas and I went hunting, and I had the best time of my life. We had some beers, camp fires, a lots of stories for good old memory's sake. The best part of it was hunting the deer, and I love the rush. I had a ball.

I am not looking to finance or anything like that, as my ma always say "don't buy anything you don't have, except for your school". I am just looking to buy it with the hard earned money that I will have saved. So I am looking at some research as of now.

My question to y'all is:
How much land can I get with $20,000?
Will that amount of money be sufficient in hunting in my own land?
I know you usually need about 200-300 acres, but just for a beginner.
I will eventually save up and buy a feeder too.
I'd rather lease some land for hunting, but I am looking at investment values too. At least at the end of the day, I will have a return on my investment, and it will be my property. I also have asked the boys about the land, but I'd want y'all to give me some opinions because it seems like there are a lot of people here know what they doing.

Thank you.