HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Method: You've a long hike, it's cold and you WILL sweat profusely
Old 09-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Gunplummer
Typical Buck

Did pretty much what the other guys said over the years. I had to replace my outfit a little while back and it was tough. Everything is junk now days. It was hard to find pants, bibs or a coat with double metal zippers. I wear wicking sweat pants and shirt under my pants and coat. I usually have my pants zippers open when walking and coat strapped to my pack. When I get where I am going I put on more under clothes if I am going to sit. It has to get really bad before this does not work for me. I discovered long ago that sweat pants or something like them with suspenders on your main pants wears you out a lot less than wearing jeans or stiff pants under your main outfit.
My feet is another story. If it is cold wet snow on a cold day, the only thing that works for me is oversize pack boots. I wear double wicking socks and boots so big I can wiggle my feet around in them. Some people have better feet and get away with regular boots.