HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scent Free Wash Question
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 03:53 AM
nodog
Giant Nontypical

Whatever, critters don't wind me when I'm hunting, believe that you can't beat an animals nose and you never will.

I also live in the woods so all my gear is either scented in the woods or washed scent free and stored so it can't pick up any scent till I take it out of it's own zip bag and touch it.

As far as the process goes I get the impression that some guys must stink to high heaven because being scent free is just washing your clothes and body, something some seem to find to arduous.

My packs are all hung outside out of the weather all year, my boots spend some time there too along with my stands, quiver and bow. Even my bow case hangs outside all year, but remember I don't live in town. My 4 wheeler is out getting everything I touch scented by ole Mr. Woods.

If and when I have a scent situation I always use Hawg's vanishing hunter, I always spary my hands (washed with baking soda first, after I rest from the strain of doing it ) before touching anything, Even my mouth is sprayed wit the stuff (safe to do so), but again I have to rest after lifting the bottle to my mouth and pumping the sprayer.

You can wash smart or not, or not at all for some. I've ended up in the same area with the not crowd, them deer were on high alert..................... right to me.