HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bow accesories advice
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 07:16 AM
Bible_Man
Nontypical Buck

I, too, use a whisker biscuit, and love it. I know that there are many who will recommend harshly against it, and perhaps even judge me negatively for using one, but I have had nothing but success with mine. Bought a QAD drop-away a couple years ago to test out against my biscuit, and found little to no change in groups, or speed. 2-3 fps faster with a drop-away, and the only groups that were different at all were at 50 yards, which is farther than I, personally, will be shooting at a critter. The fact that I don't have to worry for a second about my arrow staying in place is by far enough of a pro for me that I will be sticking with my biscuit.

I use a 5 pin sight. The idea of an adjustable, single-pin sight is intriguing, but I also would worry about cranking it too much, or too little. I know where my 5 pins hit. For folks new to bowhunting, I would recommend a 3 pin sight, though. Less pins to worry about. You will have very little drop out to 20 yards. Set your first pin for 20ish yards (18, 22...whatever you want it to be), and then go on up from there. You will only have three to worry about, though, which could be handy when a nice buck comes in and you are having a hard time remembering what each pin is, and which one to use when getting ready to make the shot.

I like the dampeners that you put on your limbs, but prefer to keep silencers off of my strings...just my personal preference. As for a stabilizer, nothing you are going to use in a hunting setup will be doing more than noise reduction, and perhaps remove a very little bit of vibration. I like the cheap 4.5" Sims S-coil the best.

I, also, take my quiver off. Any cheap quiver will do the trick. All it is there for is to keep your broadheads concealed...you don't get cut, and they don't get dull.