HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The new 50 caliber Knight Mountaineer Ultra-Lite
Old 09-24-2012, 09:22 AM
Muley Hunter
Giant Nontypical

Ok, I just got off the phone with Dick. He seems as confused as you guys. I'll admit he did tell grouse that it was legal, but he isn't sure that answer is right now after he knows what I was told.

So, he's going to check with Ryan, and the law enforcement department to get at the truth.

When he calls me back we'll have the final answer what the law is.

It seems neither grouse or me were telling the truth. It's just a confusing subject that can different ways to interpert the law.

edit...Dick just called me back. He talked to the head of the enforcement department. It seems there used to be a law about the bullet being .50 cal, and whoever gave the information to Ryan wasn't aware that the law was changed for sabots to use a smaller bullet in rifle seasons. He said he straighten everybody out on what the law is now.

So, it looks like .50 cal sabots are legal, and that makes me happy now too. Now I can use a 290 gr Barnes.

I pushed this so hard, because the information I was given came from those who should have known. I don't apologize for doing it. I thought I was doing the right thing. I could only go by what I was told.