HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - By little brother shot his first deer!
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 04:22 AM
deerslyer11
Fork Horn

Default By little brother shot his first deer!

Im not one who goes to the range to shoot my gun for fun. Because i suck at shooting. But if you put a deer in front of me, i will kill it. Anyways, my brother hunted the youth hunt in michigan this weekend for the first time. On friday a day before the hunt we stopped off at our other property in ferry so he could shoot. He has never shot a gun before in his life. He was shooting my dads 300 savage. At 80 yards he blew the center out of the target. He shot 2 more times and made a triangle out of his pattern. So we packed up and headed to where we were hunting. Saturday morning a doe and her fawns came out and started feeding in the field. My dad thought he was going to just watch them, but my brother got his gun up to shoot. My dad asked him what he was doing. He said that you cant eat the horns, and that it was his first deer ever seeing while hunting. My brother shot the doe and it ran 20 yards. His exact words after he shot it was, wow that was easy. I cant believe cody missed so many deer when he first started(im cody). Anyways, i am so proud of my little brother. Now he plans on shooting a buck opening day of bow season. I hope you all read this and think its as awesome as i think it is!!
-Cody from muskegon Michigan