HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 2- Slip It In
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 06:41 PM
trophy_Hunter_22
Fork Horn

Alright guys, its been one hell of a week, nice to end it good. I started getting pictures of this dude we call Lifetime this summer pretty regular, so figured I good chance at him. But the only problem, he was way to visible and came out to our field every night and we have alot of problems with poachers. So everytime I got him on camera I was relieved he made it another day. Well last weekend for the opener, the weather was all screwed up, was raining all day off and on. He wasn't coming in on regular times, be like 12:30pm one day and 3:15pm the next. So this week I went to hunt wednesday evening and go to get in my spot and all my stuff had been stolen. Cameras, stands, sticks, lifeline rope, thermacell, bow hanger...the works. Looked like i never have hunted this spot when they got done. So went to check my other spot, and it was completely wiped out too! This is on 100% private land, only 100 yards from the inlaws house. In stead of letting this get me down, I knew i had to get this buck! So went to walmart, loaded up and put the same setup i had back in place. I put up a cheap moultrie camera just to see if he was around and stayed out and let it rest. Well I go to check the camera Saturday during the day and he was in there friday evening at 6:00 and then again on Saturday morning at 7. So it was on, I new this was the best chance i have been given. Took two showers, fresh washed clothes and got in there at 4:30. Well deer started showing up at 6:15. Well around 7:15 i had some does and lil bucks eating, and I heard a tree just getting trashed. Well some of the little bucks went to go great who ever was coming. Well at 20yds he appeared. Walked straight up to the corn, and everybody else moved out of his way. I drew the helium and let it fly. 15yds with the Shwacker and it was all over. He ran about 50 yds and I heard him crash. He was definitely a once in a lifetime deer, lots of character.

Here is his info:
Left Right
G1 -- 2-1/2 2-5/8
g2 -- 7 8-1/4
g3 -- 7-1/4 9-1/8
g4 -- 5-5/8

mb -- 21 10-1/2

h1 -- 4-1/2 4-1/2
h2 --- 4-1/8 4-1/8
h3 --- 4-3/4 4
h4 -- 4 4 (took the same measurement of h3?)

width -- 16-1/2

abnormal --
rg2 -- 1-1/4
lg2 -- 1-3/8
lg3 -- 2
lbase -- 1
rg3 -- 2-3/8, 1-1/2, 1-3/8

grand total 135-1/4. Someone may check my addition.

here is his last live pics..