HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Jumping the String
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 08:28 PM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Arkansasmountainman
speed doesnt always kill!! I will take a quiet bow over a speed bow! When you find the happy medium, thats when deer start falling, my personell bow shoots 240 fps, but is super silent when it goes off
That's assuming a fast bow can't be quiet. I shoot a Bowtech Destroyer at 315fps that's quieter than my Oregon bow at 210fps, quieter than my wife's Mathews Jewel at 224fps, quieter than my Mathews Monster at 285fps, and quieter than my buddies Diamond Outlaw at 275fps. Speed doesn't always mean loud.

If you're shooting an arrow that is too light for your bow (increases vibration) just to get extra speed, then yes, your bow is going to be louder than it would be with a heavier arrow (which would be slower), but it's not that difficult to quiet down a bow that's shooting 6grn+ per pound of draw.

My Destroyer has NOTHING on it to dampen sound. At 20yrds, you hear the arrow zipping to the target, not the bow (Yes, I have stood beside the target while someone else shot to listen to how loud my bow is).