HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mineral-Salt Blocks increase antler growth
Old 10-26-2003, 04:45 PM
Ballistictip
Fork Horn

Default RE: Mineral-Salt Blocks increase antler growth

I agree with Lunchbucket. Vitamin/mineral supplements are important to deer and humans alike however I feel that the actual nutrition available in their food supply is far more important. I supplement my own diet with just about every vitamin and mineral available. Does this make me healthier? I feel like it does but not the supplements alone. I do my best to eat healthy foods and exercise regularly. All the supplements in the world can' t take the place of the good foods you eat. Deer are the same. If they do not get the proper nutrition in the foods they eat antler mass can' t reach it' s fullest potential.

Some vitamins and minerals are essential to digestion and others help to extract nutrition from the food. A lot of vitamins/minerals rely on others to do their job.There are many salt/mineral blocks on the market that are simply attractants that are of little value to the deer. Do some research and get the best, most beneficial salt blocks. I have a recipe for a mineral lick on my website below. The deer really like it and it does have good nutritional value.