HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Martin Cougar Update
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 12:18 PM
HDMontana
Typical Buck

Default Martin Cougar Update

So now that I have had the cougar shooting for a few weeks, I wanted to re-tune it, since arrows didn't seem to be flying as perfect as I like with broadheads. While tuning, it seemed that I had to move arrow rest much closer to riser than I would have liked for bow to tune. Arrows are spined properly and although a couple of us put our heads together, we could not figure out why the arrow had to point so far to the right of center shot to tune the bow. Finally after little left to try, I replaced the factory cable slide with a limbsaver teflon one even though nothing appeared to be wrong with factory slide. Made a suprising difference. Rest had to come back to centershot and bow tuned perfect. I also worked some powdered graphite on the cable slide. Prior I was getting around 308 to 310 fps which seemed slow with a 30.5 inch draw, 70 lbs and 385 grain arrow. I put 3 arrows through chrono afterwards and got 324, 325 and 326 fps. Probably about where it should be with a bow rated at 335-345 fps IBO. Not sure how such a jump in speed was possible but now I am a happy camper. Fast bow and arrows flying great. Very happy with Martin bows as this is my second new one in 4 years.