HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fished Sat Night
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Gangly
Nontypical Buck

Default Fished Sat Night

I left sat evening with a family friend and his son to do a little bass fishing. We got on the water about 7 ish and hit a couple spots with no luck to start off with. We first tried some brush in 10-12 fow then some brush in 15 fow with no luck so we made our way to the dam and fished there a bit with no luck. It was now 9:15pm and we wanted to leave at 10 so i decided to try shallow for the last little bit since the mid water bite wasnt on. We made our way to a cove and about 5 minutes in I hooked up with a 15.5 incher. Threw him back and about 5 minutes later hooked into a 17.5 inch bass. It seemed as though we found the fish but it was now close to 10pm and time to go so we left without making another cast.

Fish were caught in les than 5 fow on texas rigged Grande Bass 4.5 inch Rattlesnakes. Water temps were mid 80's which is pretty low for right now. We have had lots of cloud cover and a storm recently blew throgh. Because it was at night, none of the pictures really turned out that well. Here is the only decent picture.

the Grande Bass 4.5 Rattlesnake: