HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - German Shorthair pup help
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 06:18 PM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by JW
Stop right there! You do NOT NEED a shcock collar. Not even close! With 2 posts i willing to bet that is spam.

Now spaying or neutering a dog will not harm the huntablilty of the dog at all.

Want to learn to train the pup yourself - do look for a North American Versatile Hutning Dog Assoc. Chapter in your area as the cover most of the USA and Canada.

They (at the chapter level) will help to train you to train your own pointingd go before and after the shot on both land and water. It ain't rocket science but one does need help.

I for one like to let a dog socialize with me first and be a pup before I put lots of pressure on it to hunt. Exposing ti to birds at an early age is good. And I always start teaching the basic commands of Here, Kennel, No at an early age.

But do look at NAVHDA.

JW
JW,you are right.we all like to rush things. for me, a dog that listens is no.1.its hard at times.
my SMALL MUNSTERLANDER is 15 weeks and he is starting to not listen as much as he did at 12 weeks.

but i have no plans for e-collar, old school for me and i just dont want to use it as i never needed it .
but if it works, i say give it try but before i would ever do it i want someone that has used it to do it, NOT ME.