HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Martin Onza III Pro
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 05:06 PM
bronko22000
Boone & Crockett

Default New Martin Onza III Pro

Just received it today. Opened the door early to get the paper and it was setting on the porch. I took me a while to set it up because of the bridged riser I had to cut off part of the retaining ring on my NAP Apache rest in order for it to be set for centershot (with room for adjustment with broadheads later).
Once set up and got the sights close at about 20 feet I moved back to 20 yards. First shot very close to bull. Second shot to verify and 'SMASH' off goes the nock on the first arrow.
The draw with these new Nitro cams is smoother than the MCAT cams on my Firecat. Changing DL was a breeze. Just remove two screws on each cam and rotate the module to where you need it and replace the screws. So easy a caveman can do it.
There was no vibration or hand shock that I could feel even without a stabilizer. I've heard rumors about the finish and the noise being in issue with this model. But the finish on this bow is flawless - no runs, nicks, machining marks etc. and the bow is very quiet. My score is an A+ (Sweet).
I didn't check the DW or the fps yet. That will be reported tomorrow. It is reported that this bow will not achieve the rate IBO speeds. That is to be determined.