HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunters Against .... Hunting? Petersens Article
Old 07-28-2012, 05:05 PM
shooter50
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by vapahunter
I notice you use the word "I" alot. And I do not fault you for that but it is just funny that you want to restrict all other hunters in Virginia from hunting on Sunday because of what YOU feel and want. Why do you not see that many other hunters have different situations and would like to be able to have the CHOICE to hunt on Sunday's. What of the person whose job requires him to work 6 days a week? What of the father with several young children who have activities on Saturdays and works a full or two jobs to keep them in a house and clothes and food? What of all those who benefit from the Hunter for Hungary program? Virginia is the top state for donations to that program.

What happened to freedom to choose which activity to participate in 7 days a week? You see you are deciding for the other 180,000+ hunters just because you cannot see why there is a desire to hunt on Sunday. Did you know that more than just preserves are allowed to hunt on Sundays? I think if you researched the subject you would find the truth to this subject. Specialized hunting is already allowed on Sunday so why is the general normal hunter not allowed to hunt? Can you provide a legitimate answer to that question?

No I cannot give you a legitimate answer why hunting is allowed on hunting reserves and other specialized hunting on Sundays nor do I care. I do not participate in any Sunday hunting. Before this thread I thought all hunting was illegal on Sundays. Now If you would read my previous post I said I prefer no hunting on Sundays but I do understand how it can benefit other people. But what I look at is my hunting situation where I live and Sunday hunting would not be a good thing. It is hard enough to see a deer and killing one is a different story (small peice of private land adjacent to public land). There just aren't enough deer to support 7 days a week. I knew I was gonna start a s@#t storm with my reply to this thread, but it is just my opinion. I do not make the rules the state does. If they allow Sunday hunting next season that will be great and I will be hunting Sundays to. Also I am not making the decisions for the other 180k hunters in the state because I guarantee I am not the only person who believes 6 days a week is enough. It is my opinion just as your response to me was your opinion. We all have one.

Last edited by shooter50; 07-29-2012 at 05:20 AM.