HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Some good fish from this week's S.C.Boys Tournament
Old 07-08-2012, 03:39 PM
flhunter91
Fork Horn

Sorry for the late post Chuck. Well my camera didn't work to well so I can't post the pictures from the tournament, but it was an exciting one! We had more people participating this time which made it more exciting.

So this is my story to add to Chuck's great day. I started fishing this little hump I found, right where I put my kayak in the water at. I fished there for about thirty minutes without a single bite. So I decided to pitch the shoreline up to the open water and then crank a certain sandbar afterwards.

I flipped with no bites and was getting a little nervous about the day. I was paddling to the sandbar to see it in use by Chuck. So I waited my turn and fished another bar and caught the 4 1/2 pounder. He swallowed the bait. The bites topped and I got to the original sand bar and caught my 5 pounder, but no more bites.

Chuck called me later and said he got a nice 9 and 7 1/2. At that point I knew I had lost haha. I ended up hearing that Woodsman caught a good 6 as well. I left early because I have an eye doctors apointment, but overall a great day on the water.