HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - saving a turkey fan
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 04:34 AM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

Those are real purty and if I wanted something that looks manufactured like those two of yours do I'd buy a synthetic one. My "dirty ratty" one is realistic and looks just like that longbeard did when I shot him and not like he's been to the friggin beauty parlor, LOL! Your reading comprehension must not be too swift as I said I take a penknife and remove all the meat and fat from the entire base area, which basically leaves nothing but the small bone and you can take that off if you so desire. Then with borax spread over the entire area a number of times they come out fine with no smell. How much do you charge for what has to be a lot of time to do that for a customer? My only cost was the plaque! I'd like to hear how many members that read this thread have prepared a fan like you are showing compared to the way most of us do and were taught. I'll bet it's few, if any. Thanks for the compliment on my bird and I'm glad I was able to return the favor! EDIT: Every video on doing a fan that I just googled up on the net since I made this post shows what I mentioned and none went to the extremes you are stating! Everyone to his own I guess!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 07-03-2012 at 05:24 AM.