HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pair of sixes takes the tourney today...
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 07:25 AM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

Default Pair of sixes takes the tourney today...

WOW!!! It was a nail biter...Thirty minutes into the game I check with Matt and Zack. Zack and I havn't had a bite..Matt has lost a 6 pounder on a 'Certain ' sandbar.

Zack and I decided to flip.Matt was drifting sandbars. At 8:00 I boated my first fish..a 2 1/2 pounder..This fellow here was looking for a Chuck roast.

15 minutes later..close beside this gator I got a good bite..I'm a yelling,Zack can here me from far away.."How much is it", says,Zack..."It weighs in at an even 6 pounds"says I.

I'm thinking I got this tourny in the bag. I now have 8 1/2 pounds .I ask Zack, "Catch any Zack?" To my surprize I hear,"Ya, I got a 4 1/2 and a 5 1/2 ." Oh crap! That's 10 pounds..I then flip my buttocks off...caught a dink, a 2 pounder and lost a good one in the thicket..

Touney is over at 11:00 ..At 10:30 my arm is going to fall off..I was heading to a secluded spot only known by me I think..very secret.On the way there I said.."Shoot,I'm going to crankbait this "Certain ' sandbar where Matt lost a 6 pounder this morning.".First cast...rod is bent..a good 4 to 5 pound is hooked..drag is too loose..fish comes unbottened..heartbreaker for sure..Next cast...dang..rod is bent over...and after a nerve racking fight..I boated my 2nd 6 pounder...
My next cast....I hooked into what looked like a 7 or an 8 ..I got her to the boat..she tarponed clean out of the water..hitting my net barely and ...swam away..

Good game.
The crankbait was a Norman DD 14 Tennessee Shad.

Last edited by Chuck7; 06-30-2012 at 09:07 AM.