HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Illuminated nocks
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 06:38 PM
jdhaines32
Spike

I am currently trying out the Easton Tracer Nock. I am went with this one after having some issues with not being able to get the Lumenock brand to turn off with out having to pull on it with a pair of plyers. So far I like the tracer nocks. They turn on and off by passing by a magnet, which has to be mounted onto the bow. I am shooting Ten Point Carbon Elite arrows made by Easton out of the Titan HLX, so I went with the Tracers for now partly becasue Ten Point points them in their arrows from factory if you choose to get them with the lighted nocks installed. Double Take and Rage now are making a lighted nock know as the Nocturnal, that might be good if you can used it in your arrows. I use compound bow arrow versions in my Mathews and really like them. I was told though that since this the first year they are making lighted nocks for crossbows that they are only making them for the aluminum arrows, but I am not sure if this is certain or not since their website is currently under construction. These turn off with a little button that snapped on from the string and is turnd off by napping it back up with the point of a sharp object. I have also read good things about the Fire Nock, but I was not wild about the idea of force tunring them off when I used G5 lighted nocks that turned off in a similar way. Like you I like the idea of being able to watch the arrow and hopefully find it after making a shot. The only down fall that I have found is that since they are generally heavier than the regualr nocks, they tend to not always have the same POI. Best of luck in the choices