HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What makes a good flipping reel?
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 01:14 PM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

Back to my original answer...to each their own here..I,ve grown out of the keeping up with the new fad syndrome.
Lol..use what works best for you..there is no right or wrong..back in the 1980s my wife and I were dirt poor..my flipping rod was a 19.99 Diawa crapville 6 foot spinning rod equipped with a 19.00 Graphite crapville spinning reel..I boated countless bass flipping with that outfit..

Now that mt finances have increased some..I have 13 rods..my favorite.( the one that you can hold for 6 hours) is a rod I bought for 5.00 from a garage sale....a Fenwick Triggerstick..in which I cut off 5 inches from the butt and sanded down to fit my small hand...Medium Heaviys can differ from brand to brand,,this rod is truly a medium heavy..bends at the tip but quickly sets the hook..

The 7 foot Lightning rod I also use actually feels like a heavy..nice for jigs but not to my liking for worms..

Summary,,it's all about feel and what you can afford..I can flip with a Zebco 202 if I had to..when flipping..line and presentation are very important as well?.And to reach in there where the average fishermen thinks"No way",,this is where the hawgs live during the Spawn..in the 10" deep cream of asparagus soup.LOL

Last edited by Chuck7; 05-19-2012 at 01:18 PM.