HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New world record ocellated-official
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Larswildu
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mr. Longbeard
Hey you might want to give the guides name too... He prob deserves just a little credit

You are absolutely correct, I booked my hunt with David Luke Taxidermy my guide was a young man by the name of Pedro. He did a very good job of getting me into birds. But I will take some credit for the hunt too. Like Paul Harvey use to say "here is the rest of the story". We went to set-up on a maize field one afternoon where we had seen some very nice tracks. We arrived about 2 o'clock so we had enough time to build the blind (yes I helped build the blind I'm not a typical client that stands and watches) We got in the blind and not five minutes later my bird shows up headed directly for us about 100 yards away I thought to myself this hunt will be over soon. He disappeared behind some maize, we waited 5 minutes nothing. 5 minutes turned to 30, 30 turned to 90. My heart sank we could not figure out how he got out without him seeing us. About the 2 hour mark he shows up at the last place we saw him. If he turns right he comes right at me if he turns left he is leaving town. Well he turned left goes around a corner and disappears. My guide says maybe another bird will come. At that point I got up out of the blind ran to where I last saw the bird looked behind me and my guide was following behind with an astonished look on his face. I slowly peeked around the corner the bird was about 40 yards away without hesitation I stepped out and shot, the bird went down and I had my trophy.