HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help with Fletchings Hitting Far Right of Field Tips (W/ Pics)
Old 04-23-2012, 06:38 PM
fastetti
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys, some more great ideas. Bronko. Ive been a little concerned with my rest but I'll admit, Ive only been really into bow hunting a few years so not sure about the drop aways. Been gun hunting since I was 12, so 20 years so am really just getting into bow hunting the last few years. I'm afraid to buy a new rest and have it not be the problem and be stuck with a rest I have no use for.

The bow was perfectly tunes before it had blazer vains and the draws weight was at 62 pds. Im not sure if the added height of the blazer veins and the added speed is effecting it enought to have the vein touch the rest. I'm thinking I may have to hit bass pro (closest archery store around) and pick up a new rest and shoot it there and see if it helps. I'm just not trusting my Mathews dealer enough to have him do any more work to it and I don't know of anymore within a hour of me in Chicago. Plus, if the rest doesn't solve the problem I can return it pretty easy and put the old one on.

First though I am going to try a stiffer arrow that I have and see if it helps but after looking at my bow some more I have a suspicion that it is the rest.

Again guys, thanks for the help. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. With the Mathews dealer giving me some doubts and not having a great experience with Bows its good to get some feedback from some knowledgable people!