HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 7mm-08
Thread: 7mm-08
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 04:47 PM
GTOHunter
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Topgun 3006....I shot a nice Big Doe last year with my Browning A-bolt Hunter .243...She stepped forward when I shot,the entrance hole was small because I hit her just behind the front leg but the bullet exited thru her shoulder on the other side because her other leg/shoulder was further back on her farside....did some pretty good damage and a large hole on the opposite side even with a 100 grain Hornady Custom bullet!

I vote for the 7mm-08 also...I have a beautiful Savage model 11 Bolt-action 7mm-08 in the wood stock with the Leupold 3X9X40mm Rifleman QDM scope and its a great shooting Rifle with less recoil using 140 grain bullets.

I dropped a nice Big 11-Point Buck last Nov and he may have taken 2 steps at the most,nice small entrance hole and I'm not even sure if the bullet exited the other side?Back up to 2 years ago....I was sitting in my stand and a nice Buck comes walking off a step hillside,I stood up and put the cross-hairs on the back of His kneck between the shoulder blades "Boom" he dropped in his tracks and I scored a nice 9-Point Buck with the same 7mm-08.The bullet passed thru and was lodged between the last rib and outter skin when we skinned him out!