HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Defective Remingtons
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Todd1700
Nontypical Buck

What I have stated and have asked you to do and apparently you haven't bothered, is to read the article done by an expert gunsmith to find out the facts on this unique trigger like I, and others, have done.
I have not only read it I am very familiar with Mr Belk who wrote it. Do you know who Jack Belk is? He is a professional witness for ambulance chasing attorneys who sue gun companies. Over 50 percent of his yearly income is earned by climbing on to a witness stand and saying whatever the lawyers paying him want him to say about the gun or gun company in question. He has never done any actually testing to get a bolt action rifle of any type to fire without pulling the trigger. None!

And he's your unbiased ace in the hole that you are trying to convince me with? Who do you go to for advice on handgun legislation? Sarah Brady? LOL!

No one outside of CNBC has ever video taped a supposed accidental discharge. When that same gun they filmed was handed over to Remington and tested in front of neutral observers they could not get it to go off accidentally under any circumstances. In fact none of the so called "accident guns" involved in a lawsuit against Remington have ever been made to accidentally discharge by experts for the defense or the plaintiff. Despite the fact that many of them were in pretty atrocious condition. Remember this is the same company (NBC) that rigged a bogus car accident test with cans of gasoline to get a GMC truck to catch on fire back when some people were claiming that they were prone to catch fire in an accident. The same company (NBC) that just recently got busted again for releasing edited audio tapes of Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin case which made him appear racist. Fine if you want to trust them but they have a pretty sh###y track record; are liberally biased; and are rabidly anti-gun. They would consider it the achievement of a lifetime to destroy a major gun company like Remington.

Last edited by Todd1700; 04-15-2012 at 05:00 PM.