HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What globe sight to use with Peep Sight
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 06:45 AM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Blackpowdersmoke
Sabotloader,

That is somewhat of a concern of mine. I just won the bid on Ebay for these sights a few days ago for $99.00. I have been watching for an older T/C vernier style tang sight for some time and I was seeing them go for $110.00-$140.00 (tang sight alone). I had set my limit at $100.00 and I figured because I got the set together, I'm not to concerned if it's too high, I'll replace it and sell or trade the higher one. The seller claimed that he took the sights off an earlier T/C .45 and that the man he bought the gun from bought them directly from T/C back when he originally purchased the gun. Who knows? I don't figure I stand to lose either way as I was only looking to get the tang sight to begin with. I was thinking of contacting Lyman before I mount the sights to find out if they are the right set up or if I should purchase the shorter one.

BPS
That is a very good deal you got... It would certainly be worth a try especially since the seller said it was a set.

Give it a go!