HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Reloaded Rounds
Thread: Reloaded Rounds
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 03:36 AM
homers brother
Nontypical Buck

I just have to wonder about the competence of a prosecutor who hangs their case on an argument like this, or a defense attorney for that matter, who can't effectively defend their client against such an argument? Imagine what one gun owner/juror familiar with reloading their own ammunition might have wreaked inside the jury room? It's sad that people in this country can be so easily misled by faulty information.

If any of you wish to put the "lessons" of this case into practice, I suggest you not reload anything at all. I also suggest you buy nothing but FMJ, factory-loaded COMMERCIAL ammunition. After all, we KNOW that anything with a hollow or soft point is intended to cause death rather than wounding, and that military ammunition is armor piercing and/or incendiary and cars blow up when shot with it. You might also be wise not to use anything larger than a .22 CB Cap. Otherwise, it "might" be proven that you selected a more powerful round because you intended to kill the perpetrator.

Once again though, this case alleged a suicide on one side, a murder on the other - not a defensive situation. I see a lot of conclusions here which are founded in the wrong situation. And again, if someone in your home is exhibiting suicidal symptoms, remove their access to firearms and the medicine cabinet and get them some help immediately.