HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - TC Thunderhawk .50
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 01:30 PM
Landngroove
Fork Horn

I also have a .50 T/C Thunderhawk. It has a a 21" barrel, and a 24" barrel was also available. Mine likes 90 grains of Pyrodex RS, with a Hornady green sabot, and a Hornady 240 grain .430", .44 caliber XTP. Rather than go the 209 conversion route, just remove the # 11 nipple, and screw in a musket cap nipple. I have done this with mine, and get positive ignition every time. As far as I know the receivers of these MLs only have the 2 holes for the 2 piece base, so you are O.K. there. You can usually find these 2 piece Weaver style bases on Ebay, or Gunbroker. Also T/C makes a leather/velcro scope protector for the scope tube that is over the breach area. I highly recommend one of these, unless you want fouling on your scope. I have one on mine, and it works. The nipple wrench is also seen on Ebay, and Gunbroker from time to time. If you are going to use musket caps, be sure the wrench you buy will fit both #11"s, and musket caps. Finally I'd suggest high, or super high rings. You need the space between the scope, and breach area, to be able to get your finger s in to place a cap, or primer. This may be an older inline, but it is one of my favorites, even though I own several newer inlines. As far as cleaning, I completely disassemble mine, and use a bucket of hot soapy water on the barrel/breach area. The T/C website has downloads for the manual for the Thunderhawk. The manual shows disassembly.

Last edited by Landngroove; 03-21-2012 at 01:33 PM.